It’s Friday and the last day of conferences! I’ve spent most of this week getting everything ready and organized to meet with parents. After today I get to go home and get some R&R during fall break! Onto my week:
1. We have been reading some fun books. This one my kids just loved!
2. This is also David Shannon month and my kids just love his art style! Of course, their favorite titles are the No David books.
3. After a couple of parents showed up way past their conference time, I thought about making some quick reminder stickers. These did the trick!!
4. I decided to hand out some books to help parents at home with some strategies. My kids cannot afford to stop practicing at home for one whole week!
5. I’ve been teaching for nine years and this whole time I have been cutting rubrics and stapling them onto my students’ finished samples. This year I finally realized I could save myself time and energy by embedding the rubric right into the writing template! How did I not think of this before?
So what have you been up to? Make sure to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!