Happy Saturday! It’s time to join the Weekend Warriors for a fun link up! We want to learn about you so make sure to grab the images at the bottom of the post and tell us about yourself with a 3-2-1 Bio 🙂
1. I taught second grade for seven years and moved down to first last year. I was so sure that second grade was my all time favorite grade, but I have to say that first grade is so much fun too! My favorite thing about first grade is seeing my 6 year olds become actual readers and know that it’s happening because of what we are doing in class. It’s a thrill!
2. My passion for decorating my classroom has grown tremendously thanks to blogs, Instagram, and Pinterest. I make sure to go in a little early in the summer and get things set up the way I want them. One thing I’ve noticed is that when my classroom decorated, I end up putting things in strategic places and that means things are organized. And oh my! My year is so much smoother when I am organized.
3. I hope I’m not the only one with this issue. I have a love/hate relationship with teaching writing. Math is easy, it’s black and white and you can teach different ways to get to an answer, but the answer will always be the answer. It’s not like that with writing. Teaching children how to write is NOT easy, but I do have to say that reading my kids’ writing is my favorite part of my day. Especially when they are sharing their writer’s workshop writing for the day.
1. I’m sure I’m not the only one, but I have a total Netflix obsession! When doing anything, I have Netflix going on in the background. And, I am known to go through an entire run of a show in a matter of days. Summer=Netflix Binge Watching!
2. It all started with an iPod many years ago, and when you add just one more gadget and you see how convenient Apple made it to sync everything together…you end up hooked on all things Apple. Now if only things were a little…ummm…less pricey? Apple addictions and teacher salaries just don’t go together…and TMI alert, I was making first year teacher pay until this past year 🙁 So my purchases meant lots of saving and sacrificing.
My husband and I were hoping to go on our honeymoon to Japan. It never happened and we still think about it every Spring when the cherry blossoms are blooming. It’ll happen one day!
Now it’s your turn! Please grab the buttons below and tell us all about yourself.