What a week! It’s been so busy and the year is winding down, but there is still so much to do!
1. We made our owls for our end of the year project. The kids had so much fun remembering all the great things we did this year!
They then wrote about what they would owl-ways remember from second grade 🙂
You can pick up a copy here.
2. We celebrated Earth Day with an Amy Lemons craftivity!
3. We have been learning about oviparous animals. We began with a quick schema chart:
Gotta love their illustrations:
And…birds eat women?? Not sure where that came from.
The next day we categorized our animals and added more animals that we knew laid eggs.
4. We read our scholastic readers and wouldn’t you know it was about turtles? Just perfect for our egg laying theme and then we wrote about sea turtles and created this cute craft by Amy Lemons.
Sorry about the glare! The sun wouldn’t cooperate with me.
5. Our classroom received a $100 donation through our PTO from a parent. That has never happened before, so it was a huge deal to me:) We were able to get ahold of some much needed resources for our class!
Now to plan for next week!